NORTH COUNTRY FAIR

Nothing to do with Charlize Theron or Bob Dylan.

Name:
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom

Keep on Truckin'.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Grad Is Rad

It seems almost possible that I've finished my degree. Pending proof that I haven't made any unforced coursework/exam-errors and the AUT getting their (well-deserved) pay-rise. Some of us poor students haven't had so much as our shoes marked since January because of the strike, and my exam won't be marked until it all gets sorted. Why our Universities aren't paying up to our underpaid and overstretched lecturers, working despite very low morale, is a mystery. Hmph.

Anyhoo, I've been thus far making the most of the season, and have spent my free time as lady-of-leisure sporting 'comedy' headwear (see above) and eating Haagen-Dazs before breakfast. Yum.

It's raining again. This would normally make me feel rather angry and want to start flushing the toilet excessively in an irresponsible protest to Mother Nature, except that I really don't want to be queueing at a stand-pipe this year so that I can wash my smalls. I bought an official UEA sweatshirt the other day and it occurred to me that it might be worth a bob or two in a few years time, when Norwich gets swallowed by the ice-caps. On the plus side, Northampton wouldn't be so far from the sea any more. Joke.

I did get quite angry, though, reading Moo's copy of New Woman (featuring Billie Piper. Scoff) the other day. After pages and pages of 'The Save Britney Campaign' and 'Binge Yourself Skinny', I flipped finally to an article on the Environment and Eco-disasters. Which featured the following:

'IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT TOPSHOP...The high streets dead now the oil has run out. Planes are grounded and imported goods are a thing of the past. Vintage clothes shops are rammed, and you use charcoal as eyeliner'.

A very credible point there. Personally I'd be more pressed to find sanitary fresh water, but I can see how it would be quite inconvenient if a pair of your Topshop-brand footless tights got a hole in them, and you didn't want to wear your other ones, cause they were red, and didn't go with your outfit, and OH MY DAYS where would you buy new ones?!

I'm on such a liberal tip today. Loving it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Georgina said...

FAO Kirsti: Your grammar, as far as I can tell, is excellent. But I can't tell very far because actually my English is so poor that monkeys with typewriters have to post for me.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Georgina said...

FAO: Roo.

The average height of the British woman is 5'4" and yes, at 5'9", the average height for the British man, I am indeed quite freakishly tall.

I'm going to tell my Mummy of you. And she's even taller!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Jo said...

Egh, so you have to bend over to kiss most men. There's pleanty of benefits to being as freakishly tall as you are. You can share a leafy snack with the giraffes at Woburn Zoo, and walk among the Ents without having to be slung on their shoulders. Bet you never thought of that.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Georgina said...

You're right, I didn't!

One point about being tall: you can't often wear heels.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I cannae decide.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Jo said...

Thats SO a good thing, because you dont rely on them to give u that long, leggy look like me. So you can wear cute flats and still look gorgeous and glam. Bitch.

p.s when we get a place, i'm so stealing ur clothes.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Georgina said...

Yeah, but you'll never get that 'tense leg/pelvis tipping sensation' that all the girls rave about.

It's a tough call.

I met a girl last Tuesday who was (and probably still is )6'3".










*Humbled*

11:08 PM  
Blogger Georgina said...

P.S. Clothes

I've grown out of pretty much all my favourite items. It'll be a dark day when I finally come to terms with the fact that I cannot fit into my brown silk deer-print skirt with covered buttons, and probably never will again.

[Buries head into cushion and screams 'WHY WHY WHY?!?']

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home